Sleek performance-cruiser by Luffe Yachts from Kolding in Denmark. With slim hull lines, low freeboard and long overhangs Luffe sailing yachts have been turning heads of lovers of elegant yacht design for decades. Typical Scandinavian boatbuilder's quality with traditional mahogany interior. With her high, flexible and well controlled rig, the Luffe 40 offers sparkling performance especially upwind. Due to her narrow beam she fits well in areas with limited mooring space such as Baltic Sea or Lake Constance.
This Luffe 40 was modified by the current owner. The weatherhelm that is typical for this model has been reduced by moving the forestay forward, installing a new rudder blade with more balance and adding an adjustable mast foot. In addition numerous investments have been made in equipment and sails in recent years. There is no repair backlog. Exclusive and well dimensioned deck gear by ANDERSEN, RONSTAN and SPINLOCK as well as high-quality, mostly new running rigging. Well-kept and continuously serviced yacht from second owner.
- Engine-upgrade VOLVO PENTA 28 hp.
- Numerous recent investments.
- Outstanding performance.
- Max beam only 3,30 m.
- 2 cabin layout with one heads.
- Upgraded mahogani interior.
- Modified sailplan.
- Tiller steering.
|Manufacturer||Luffe Yachts ApS (DEN)|
|VAT status||EU-VAT paid|
|Rig||Sloop with runners|
Dimensions & Technical details
|Length waterline||11.00 m|
|Sail area||89 m²|
|Engine||VOLVO PENTA MD2030|
|Power||21 KW/28 PS|
|Drive||Saildrive with folding propeller|
|Fresh water||100 L|
|Holding tank||50 L|
- Keel stepped, 7/8-fracrional NORDIC-mast
- Adjustable mast step (new 2016)
- 3 spreaders plus diamond
- Standing rigging in rod
- Forestay with BARTELS furler (new 2016)
- Dyneema runners with checkstays
- Fixed vang
- Halyards lead back to the cockpit
- High quality running rigging
- Fullbatten mainsail UK-Sailmakers X Drive Carbon approx. 45 m² (new 2018)
- RONSTAN ball bearing cars for mainsail
- Lazy jacks and boom cover
- Genoa III UK Sailmakers X Drive Carbon approx 30 m² (new 2016)
- Genoa II North-Sails 3DL Marathon approx. 38 m²
- Furling genoa cover
- ORC spinnaker 0.9 oz approx. 90 m² (new 2019)
- Second mainsail and genoa III, Faber & Münker Hydranet Radial (new 2009)
- Two older spinnakers
- Spinnaker sheets and guys with carbon spinnaker pole
- Teak deck in cockpit and on swim platform
- Treadmaster on running decks and foredeck
- Tiller steering with Spinlock tiller extension
- Sprayhood (new 2016)
- Cockpit tent short
- Cockpit tent long
- Genoa winches ANDERSEN 46.2ST
- Spinnaker winches ANDERSEN 40.2ST
- Halyard winches ANDERSEN 40.2ST
- Runner winches ANDERSEN 40.2ST
- High quality deck gear
- Jib tracks with RONSTAN ball bearing cars adjustable from cockpit (new 2019)
- Teak rubbing strakes on hull sides
- Swim platform with swim ladder
- Mooring gear
- Mooring cleats in stainless steel
- Traditional and beautifully finished mahogany interior
- Saloon with U-shaped dinette to port and longitidinal sofa to starboard at folding saloon table
- U-shaped galley to port aft
- Gas stove (2 burners and oven)
- Stainless steel sink
- Ample storage in lockers, drawers and compartments
- Forward facing chart table and navigator's seat to starboard aft
- Heads compartment to portside
- Forward cabin with V-shaped double berth (LAROMA comfort mattresses)
- Big locker in passage to forward cabin
- Double quarter berth to starboard aft
- VOLVO PENTA MD2030 3-cylinder inboard engine 28 hp/21 KW
- Saildrive (new seal in 2013) with 3 bladeed folding propeller Flex-o-Fold
- Stainless steel fuel tank approx. 90 l
- 2 x VETUS service batteries 12 V/110 Ah (new 2019)
- Starter battery 12 V
- Victron battery monitor
- 12 V sockets
- Stainless steel fresh water tank approx. 100 l
- Hot water boiler
- Liferaft Plastimo Cruiser 6 pers.
- Fire extinguisher
- Electric and manual bilge pump
- Mooring lines
- Winter cover
- Second alloy anchor
Brokerage Liability Disclaimer
All information especially regarding the VAT-status of a yacht has been supplied by third parties. It is non-binding and without guarantee, subject to error and alteration. Our brokerage relies exclusively on information supplied by the vendor carefully compiled and checked by us to the best of our knowledge. Hence, a liability for correctness and completeness of provided information cannot be assumed.