Fast, elegant performance cruiser from the IMS formula. The Grand Soleil 40 by Duck Design/Massimo Paperini was a very successful racer in the international regatta circus but she is also a comfortable, stiff cruising yacht that can be easily and safely managed by a small crew. The Grand Soleil 40 has a modern hull with sharp vertical bow, wide stern and narrow waterline. The 3 spreader racing mast ensures amazing performance. Spacious, ergonomic deck layout with german mainsheet system and all sheets and trim lines lead aft to the cockpit. Mahogany interior by Patrick Roseo with laminated floorboards.
This Grand Soleil 40 is a racing version built in scrimp process (predecessor of vacuum infusion). Modified racing keel (draft: approx. 2.40 m), racing rig with three pairs of aft swept spreaders, rod rigg and high-quality HARKEN racing deck gear. The hull was painted dark gray by Wrede in 2014 and the bottom paint was totally rebuilt incl. epoxy primer. Owner's version with two cabins and large heads incl. separate shower. Spacious owner's cabin forward. Engine upgrade to YANMAR 40 hp. This Grand Soleil is a second hand owners yacht. Indoor winter storage every year and continuous technical maintenance and care.
- Hull painted dark grey in 2014 (Wrede).
- Grand Soleil 40 with scrimp hull.
- 3 spreader racing rig.
- Exiting performance.
- Owner's version with two cabins.
- HARKEN racing deck gear.
- Modified racing keel.
- Very good condition.
|Model||Grand Soleil 40|
|Manufacturer||Cantiere del Pardo (ITA)|
|VAT status||EU-VAT paid|
Dimensions & Technical details
|Length waterline||10.60 m|
|Sail area||102 m²|
|Power||40 PS/29 KW|
|Drive||Saildrive with folding propeller|
|Fresh water||360 L|
|Holding tank||50 L|
- Keel stepped, 9/10 fractional SPARCRAFT performance mast
- Three pairs of aft swept spreaders
- Standing rigging in rod rig
- RECKMANN genoa furling system with removable drum
- Additional Tuff Luff profile forestay
- Hydraulic backstay tensioner NAVTEC
- Carbon fiber spinnaker pole
- Spinnaker/gennaker gear
- Mainsail Segelwerkstatt Stade GPL triradial on RONSTAN ball bearing slides
- Furling genoa I heavy Segelwerkstatt Stade
- Genoa I medium Segelwerkstatt Stade
- Furling genoa III Segelwerkstatt Stade
- Gennaker NORTH-Sails
- 3 x symmetrical spinnaker
- Teak in cockpit (teak deck on cockpit seats, teak grating on cockpit floor)
- HARKEN racing deck gear
- Long HARKEN genoa tracks with two ball-bearing, adjustable genoa cars
- German mainsheet system with mainsail winches HARKEN 45.2STA
- HARKEN racing genoa winches
- Coachhouse winches HARKEN 45.2STA
- 2 x Dorade vents on deck
- Sprayhood (new 2015)
- Swim ladder
- Cockpit shower hot/cold
- Folding NOMEN mooring cleats
- Spacious, deep deck locker with shelves to port in cockpit
- Further deck lockers in cockpit on starboard aft below steering seats
- Grand Soleil 40 in owner's version (2 cabin layout) with forward owner's cabin
- Saloon with U-shaped dinette to starboard and central bench at saloon table
- Longitudinal galley to port
- Galley worktop in white CORIAN
- Gas stove (2 burners and oven)
- Double sink
- Electric fridge
- NESPRESSO coffee machine
- Forward facing chart table to starboard aft
- Heads compartment aft with separate shower
- Guest cabin to starboard aft with double berth, locker, deck hatch and additional port hole
- Blinds and fly screens for deck hatches
- Cover for mast in saloon
- Mahogany interior
- Laminated floorboards (teak style with maple stripes)
- YANMAR 3JH3E 3 cylinder inboard diesel 40 hp/29 KW (engine upgrade)
- Saildrive with 3 bladed folding propeller Flex-o-Fold (new 2018)
- Stainless steel diesel tank approx. 180 l
- 230 V shore power connection with 230 V sockets below decks
- Battery charger 12 V/70 A
- Service battery 12 V/110 Ah (new 2017)
- Starter battery 12 V/55 Ah (new 2017)
- Battery monitor PHILIPPI
- Diesel heating WEBASTO
- Electric toilet
- Fire extinguisher
- Electric and manual bilge pump
- Boom cover (new 2015)
- Steering wheel cover (new 2015)
- Furling genoa cover (new 2015)
- Carbon fiber flag pole
- Cockpit cushions
- Mooring lines
Brokerage Liability Disclaimer
All information especially regarding the VAT-status of a yacht has been supplied by third parties. It is non-binding and without guarantee, subject to error and alteration. Our brokerage relies exclusively on information supplied by the vendor carefully compiled and checked by us to the best of our knowledge. Hence, a liability for correctness and completeness of provided information cannot be assumed.